Sunday 29 April 2012

CAT ROCKS !

Assalammualaikum and hi and hello to all. In this post I would like to show my love towards cats because I think cats rocks ! I have a lots of pets back in my hometown and most of them are cats. My first cat ever is Mimi. She is an orange color cat and a very beautiful cat I must say. She died of a car accident if I'm not mistaken. The last cat I own was Tam. He died recently because of skin disease. Its hard for me to believe that my little Tammie has died and I have been in mood swings for about a week. I really really care about cats and I think they are the cutest animal ever on planet earth ! YEAH ! Right, no more sad about the past, I would like to tell you some interesting facts about cats !


  • Cats can't taste sweets.
  • A cat's tongue consists of small "hooks," which come in handy when tearing up food.
  • Americans spend more annually on cat food than on baby food.
  • In 1987 cats overtook dogs as the number one pet in America.
  • A group of youngsters (kittens) is called a kindle; those old-timers (adult cats) form a clowder.
  • The catgut formerly used as strings in tennis rackets and musical instruments does not come from cats. Catgut actually comes from sheep, hogs, and horses.
  • Black cat superstitions are as American as apple pie. In Asia and England, black cats are considered lucky.
  • Cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw.
  • Cats have true fur, in that they have both an undercoat and an outer coat.
  • When a domestic cat goes after mice, about one pounce in three results in a catch.
  • The cheetah is the only cat in the world that can't retract it's claws.
  • Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
  • In cats, the calico and tortiseshell coats are sex-linked traits. All cats displaying these coats are female... or occasionally sterile males.
  • A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
    ~more here (  http://www.fourpawsandtailrescue.org/info/display?PageID=2605 )

No comments:

Post a Comment